We strive to provide open access to information, including ideas and the free expression of different points of view.
In keeping with these principles, we provide meeting room space for local community members to gather and exchange information, however that may look.
The meeting room space includes all designated rooms within the library buildings as well as the Rotary Terrace at Woodland Park Public Library.
Although the meeting rooms are intended primarily for use in support of library programs and services, they are also available to individuals, non-profit organizations, community groups, and for-profit/business organizations for the presentation and exchange of information, regardless of their affiliations or beliefs.
The meeting rooms may not be used in violation of local, county, state, or federal law. The Library reserves the right to cancel or refuse use of the meeting rooms at any time. Rampart Library District recognizes the Library Bill of Rights, Article 6, which states:
“Libraries which make exhibit spaces and meeting rooms available to the public they serve should make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.”
By allowing use of the meeting rooms, the Library District does not sponsor or endorse the views, purposes, programs or activities of any group or individual. Any publicity for a scheduled event must include this disclaimer.
Meeting Room Procedures
- Complete the application online. Applications must be submitted a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Once the application is received it will be reviewed and space availability confirmed. Notification will be emailed to the applicant.
- Meeting rooms will not be officially reserved until payment has been made. Meeting room fees will be refunded if the room reservation is cancelled as least two business days in advance of the meeting. Notification of less than two business days and no shows will not receive a refund.
- The person receiving the room accepts responsibility for proper use of the room and must be present at time of use.
- If a reserved room is not in use within 30 minutes after the meeting start time, the library has the right to cancel the reservation and use for other purposes with no refund to the reserving party.
- Rampart Library District activities have priority in the use of the meeting rooms.
- The libraries are designated polling places. Meeting rooms may be rescheduled and cancelled and fees refunded if a conflict with polling requirements occurs.
- Rampart Library District will schedule meeting room reservations in the order in which it receives applications.
- Meetings may be rescheduled up to one year in advance.
Meeting Room Use
- Use of the kitchenette and coffee maker must be requested in advance. The stove/oven, microwave, and refrigerator nay be used to prep light refreshments or light luncheons that involve no cooking. Groups must provide their own coffee, filters, and condiments. If a caterer is to be used, the booking time should include any time needed by the caterer.
- Library hours of operation at both libraries are available on our website at the bottom of the page.
- An event planned for the Rotary Terrace at Woodland Park Public Library may have to be cancelled in the event of inclement weather unless the large meeting room at WPPL is also booked as a backup. Both the Rotary Terrace and the large meeting room at WPPL should be booked at the same time if a backup is desired.
- Equipment available at no charge: whiteboard, screen, tables, chairs, podium, projector and microphone. The library may allow use of its audiovisual equipment with prior arrangement.
Concerns about the Meeting Room Procedures must be presented in writing with specifics to the Library Director. Please provide your name and contact information. The Library District may amend or supplement thiese procedures from time to time and reserves the right to do so.