Materials Donation Guidelines for Patrons
Thank you for thinking of the Rampart Library District for donations.
Donated materials must be in excellent condition and meet specific criteria to be accepted by the library. Potential donations must be delivered to either the Woodland Park Public Library or the Florissant Public Library.
Your materials may be added to the library’s collection, placed in the Friends of the Library’s book sale, offered to other organizations, or disposed of at the library’s discretion.
Gently used items published in the last 3 years only
• Current Popular Fiction
• Colorado and Teller County history (Ask)
• Current Non-Fiction
• Award Winners and Classics (Ask)
• Children’s books (Ask)
• CDs, DVDs, and CD audiobooks
• Homeschool Materials (published in the last 5 years)
• VHS tapes and Mass Market Paperbacks will be given directly to the Friends of the Library
Items unacceptable for donation:
• Encyclopedias and textbooks
• Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
• Cassettes (audio or self-recorded video) or software
• Items containing outdated information
• Magazines (including National Geographic)
• Items in poor physical condition, for example: broken spine, water damaged, moldy, mildewed, missing or yellowed pages, etc.
• Non-book items
Due to space limitations, we cannot accept more than 2 boxes or bags without an appointment. We prefer you to bring your donations Tuesday through Friday. Please do not drop donations in the book drop. We are unable to appraise donated materials, but can offer you a receipt for tax purposes. Donations become the property of the library.