LIBRARY PLEDGE TO PATRONS
In an effort to provide “something for everyone” we, the Library staff, pledge the following to our patrons:
• We will abide by our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Rampart Library District is to respond to the dynamics of a rapidly changing community by providing access to reliable sources of information for education, research, technology and entertainment as well as programs and services in support of these areas with prompt professional service in a welcoming environment.
• We will provide a safe, clean, well maintained facility for the use of our patrons and our community at large.
• We will provide prompt, professional, courteous and friendly service to all our patrons regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, race, appearance or special needs.
• We will strive to provide an environment of quiet respect for the individual needs of all of our patrons.
• We will honor a patron’s right to privacy and confidentiality in the context of state and federal laws.
• We strive to reach out to “everyone” by meeting the expressed needs of the larger community, our patrons and their families.
Concerns about the Library Pledge to Patrons must be presented in writing with specifics to the Library Director. Please provide your name and contact information. The Library District may amend or supplement this policy from time to time and reserves the right to do so.
Approved by the Rampart Library District Board of Trustees on July 12, 2005 Reviewed and approved by the rampart library District Board of Trustees on September 18, 2012