Rampart Library District strives to provide resources in its collection that meet the needs
of the residents of its community. Patron suggestions for purchase of resources are,
therefore, taken very seriously and are considered an important part of collection
1. Any resources requested must meet the guidelines of the RLD Collection
2. The requested resource should be appropriate for a library of our size and
potentially useful to multiple patrons, not just the patron requesting it. If this is
questionable, the collection development committee will make a determination
after researching the title, its availability for purchase and checking if other
libraries own it.
3. Preference is given to items that are currently in print and may be purchased
through our normal vendors. The District does not normally purchase used items
4. If the material will be purchased, the purchase date will depend upon a number
of factors such as budget considerations and availability.
5. Priority is given to suggestions from RE-2 patrons whose taxes support the
District. Colorado Library Card (CLC) patrons and visitors may request items
from their home libraries.
Concerns about the Patron Requests for Additions to the Collection Policy must be
presented in writing with specifics to the Library Director. Please provide your name and
contact information. The Library District may amend or supplement this policy from time
to time and reserves the right to do so.
Approved by the Rampart Library District Board of Trustees on May 8, 2012. Reviewed on
February 12, 2020, February 2022.