Rampart Library District strives to provide resources in its collection that meet the needs of the residents of its community. Patron suggestions for purchase of resources are, therefore, taken very seriously and are considered an important part of collection development.
1. Any resources requested must meet the guidelines of the RLD Collection Development Policy.
2. The requested resource should be appropriate for a library of our size and potentially useful to multiple patrons, not just the patron requesting it. If this is questionable, the collection development committee will make a determination after researching the title, its availability for purchase and checking if other libraries own it.
3. Preference is given to items that are currently in print and may be purchased through our normal vendors. The District does not normally purchase used items through individuals.
4. If the material will be purchased, the purchase date will depend upon a number of factors such as budget considerations and availability.
5. Priority is given to suggestions from RE-2 patrons whose taxes support the District. Colorado Library Card (CLC) patrons and visitors may request items from their home libraries.
Concerns about the Patron Requests for Additions to the Collection Policy must be presented in writing with specifics to the Library Director. Please provide your name and contact information. The Library District may amend or supplement this policy from time to time and reserves the right to do so.
Revised and approved by the Rampart Library District Board of Trustees on May 8, 2012. Reviewed on February 12, 2020 .