PUBLIC BULLETIN BOARD AND LITERATURE
In keeping with Rampart Library District’s overall philosophy of providing access to a wide range of information sources, the District provides a public bulletin board for announcements and notices of local community events as well as local business information. There is also a literature display rack near the public bulletin board for distribution of free materials which may be of interest to library patrons.
1. All notices, flyers and literature must be approved and placed on the bulletin board or in the display racks by the Circulation Manager or designated person. Staff may discard items not approved for placement as well as excess copies.
2. Items posted will be dated and initialed by library staff. Staff will keep the
bulletin board and display rack up-to-date. Space available will determine how far in advance items will be posted.
3. Items will be posted or made available on an equitable basis, subject to available
space, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of the individuals or groups represented.
4. Generally, events/services posted on the bulletin board should be available to the general public at no charge. Events or services by non profit or governmental organizations may be posted even if an admission fee is required.
5. No items devoted solely to the sale, solicitation or promotion of commercial products or businesses are allowed. Items may not be offered for sale by individual companies.
6. Posting of a notice or placement of materials in a display rack does not imply endorsement by the Rampart Library District or its Board of Trustees.
Concerns about the Public Bulletin Board and Literature Policy must be presented in writing with specifics to the Library Director. Please provide your name and contact information. The Library District may amend or supplement this policy from time to time without notice and reserves the right to do so.
Revised 2012 and approved by the Rampart Library District Board of Trustees on May 8, 2012. Revised on May 12, 2020.