Rampart Library District Meeting Rooms
In accordance with its mission statement, Rampart Library District provides open access to information including ideas and the free expression of different points of view. In keeping with these principles, the Rampart Library District provides meeting room space for meetings at which members of the local community may present and exchange information on a wide variety of subjects. The meeting room space includes all designated rooms within the library buildings as well as the Rotary Terrace at Woodland Park Public Library.
Although the meeting rooms are intended primarily for use in support of library programs and services, they are also available to individuals, non-profit organizations, community groups, and for profit/business organizations for the presentation and exchange of information, regardless of their affiliations or beliefs.
The meeting rooms may not be used in violation of local, county, state, or federal law. The Library reserves the right to cancel or refuse use of the meeting rooms at any time.
Rampart Library District recognizes the Library Bill of Rights, Article 6, which states: “Libraries which make exhibit spaces and meeting rooms available to the public they serve should make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.”
By allowing use of the meeting rooms, the Library District does not sponsor or endorse the views, purposes, programs or activities of any group or individual. Any publicity for a scheduled event must include this disclaimer.
1. For Non-Profit rates, Non-profit groups must provide a copy of their IRS 501(c) 3 Determination Letter and Articles of Incorporation.
2. Meeting rooms will not be officially reserved until payment has been made.
Meeting room fees will be refunded if the room is cancelled at least 2 business days in advance of the meeting. Notification of less than 2 business days and no shows will not receive a refund.
3. Properly filled out applications with fees may be left submitted at the front desk. Once the application is received it will be reviewed and space availability confirmed. Notification will be e-mailed to the applicant.
4. The applicant holds responsibility for proper use of the room and must be present at time of use.
5. If a reserved room is not in use within 30 minutes after the meeting start time, the library has the right to cancel the reservation and use for other purposes with no refund to the reserving party.
6. Applications are available at the front desk and website rampartlibrarydistrict.org click HERE.
1. Library programs and library sponsored programs have priority in the use of the meeting rooms.
2. The libraries are designated as polling places. Meeting rooms may be rescheduled and cancelled and fees refunded if a conflict with polling requirements occurs.
3. Meeting room space will be scheduled in the order in which the application is received.
4. Meetings may be scheduled up to six months in advance.
1. Flyers about an upcoming event or program may be posted in the library only if it is a library sponsored or co-sponsored event. Flyers for other programs must be approved by the Meeting Room Scheduler for placement on the community bulletin board.
2. All meetings open to the public must be free of charge to the public except for fees to cover expenses related to the program and/or for non-profit fundraising.
3. Permission to use the meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement or sponsorship for the views of any groups, individuals, purposes,programs or activities. All publicity must include this disclaimer.
4. Library staff will have access to any meeting room at their discretion.
5. The library does not provide storage for groups using the meeting rooms and it is not responsible for anything left in the building.
6. Programs held in the meeting rooms must not disrupt the use or operations of the library.
7. Parking on library grounds is limited. Patron and handicapped parking must always be left available during normal library hours. If the event is during library hours and more than 10 vehicles are expected, additional parking is available at Woodland Park Library in the lot behind the Cultural Center and Public Parking lot across the street. The Florissant Library has extra parking in the Park parking area.
8. Neither the name nor address of the Woodland Park Public Library/Florissant Public Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of a group or organization, with the exception of the Friends of the Rampart Regional Library District and the Friends of the Florissant Public Library.
Meeting Room Use
1. Meetings may be booked outside of regular library business hours by prior arrangement at least 60 days in advance. Permission to meet outside of normal hours may be denied because of staffing, building security or other constraints.
2. Reservations must be made by an adult 18 years of age or older. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at a rate of one adult for every 10 minors.
3. The group agrees to conduct its meeting in an agreeable and orderly manner. If at any time conduct of the group or any member of the group threatens the safety of any person or is disruptive to library operations, destructive or damaging to the building facility, its contents or equipment, or if it is found that information has been falsified on the meeting room reservation form, the Library District reserves the right to terminate a meeting. The local law enforcement will be contacted, if necessary. The library may deny subsequent use of the room to groups that violate Library District policies and regulations.
4. Groups are responsible for setup and cleanup of the room, including chairs, tables and
equipment and must return the furnishings to the original configuration at the close of the event.
5. There will be a charge for cleaning, repairs or replacements due to damage.
6. The library may allow use of its audiovisual equipment with prior arrangement.
7. Use of the kitchenette and coffee maker must be requested in advance. The stove/oven,
microwave, and refrigerator may be used to prep light refreshments or light luncheons that involve no cooking. Groups must provide their own coffee, filters, and condiments. If a caterer is to be used, the booking time should include time needed by the caterer.
8. Smoking is not allowed in any part of the library at any time. Those desiring to smoke may do so at least 20 feet from the Midland Street entrance.
9. Alcohol consumption is not permitted except for special events approved by the library board with a 60-day prior written notice.
10. Groups must observe meeting room capacities.
11. Groups using the meeting rooms must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and are responsible for providing qualified interpreters or auxiliary aids upon request.
Availability of Meeting Rooms
Meeting rooms may be scheduled during hours the libraries are open. Meetings must be adjourned and rooms cleaned, closed and locked 15 minutes prior to closing. Meetings sponsors and attendees will not be admitted to the facility before it is open to the public, nor be allowed to remain in the facility after it is closed.
Meetings at the Woodland Park Public Library may be scheduled until 8 p.m. on Tuesday through Thursday, dependent on staff availability and at an additional cost and with prior approval of the Meeting Room Coordinator and/or the Operations Manager. Meetings are required to end promptly at 8:00 p.m. An additional fee will be charged for meetings that run over 8:00 p.m.
Library hours of operation at both libraries are available on the Rampart Library District website at www.rampartlibrarydistrict.org .
No meetings will be scheduled on holidays when the library is closed. See schedule on website for holidays. Holiday schedules and hours of operation are subject to change.
An event planned for the Rotary Terrace at Woodland Park Public Library may have to be cancelled in the event of inclement weather unless the large meeting room at WPPL is also booked as a backup. Both the Rotary Terrace and the large meeting room at WPPL should be booked at the same time if a backup is desired. There will be a nonrefundable fee of $25 for all groups who wish to book the large meeting room as a backup.
Woodland Park Library
Meeting Room Size Capacity
|Large Meeting Room||1410 square feet||94 persons (chairs /no tables)|
|Colorado Room||500 square feet||15 persons|
|Board Room||210 square feet||12 persons|
|Rotary Terrace||600 square feet||NA|
|Tutorial/Study rooms||64 square feet Capacity||6 persons|
Florissant Public Library
Meeting Room Size Capacity
|Large Meeting Room||1296 square feet||86 persons(chairs/no tables)|
|Board Room||210 square feet||12 persons|
Meeting Room Rental Fees
Fees must be paid at the time the application is submitted. Reservations will not be final until the fee (if applicable) and application have been received and approved. Fees will be waived for use by City departments, government agencies or affiliates and library-affiliated groups.
Per the Intergovernmental Agreements between the Rampart Library District and the City of Woodland Park and Teller County, Rampart Library District will continue its support of community non-profits and activities through modest facility rental fees. The following pricing policies have been developed:
Non-profit */community groups:
- Large meeting room usage charge $10/hour or $50/day
- Rotary Terrace usage charge $10/hour or $50/day
- Board room usage charge $5/hour or $25/day
- Colorado Room** $5 hour or $25/day
- Tutorial/study rooms usage charge $2 hour or $10/day
- Large meeting room rental charge $20/hour or $100/day
- Rotary Terrace usage charge $20/hour or $100/day
- Board room rental charge $10/hour or $50/day
- Colorado Room** $10/hour or $50/day
- Tutorial/study rooms rental charge $5/hour or $25/day
- Large meeting room usage charge $10/hour
- Rotary Terrace usage charge $10/hour
*Effective March 1, 2018 meeting room fees for non-profit groups will be waived upon presentation of appropriate 501(c)3 certification from the IRS. Standard room fees will apply to all groups until such written documentation is on file with the Rampart Library District.
**Meetings in the Colorado Room must be booked in advance.
Meetings booked outside regular library business hours:
In addition to meeting room rental fees above an additional charge of $20/hour will added to all groups (profit and non-profit) to cover expenses of staffing during times that the library is not open to the public.
Equipment available at no charge: whiteboard, screen, tables, chairs, podium, projector, microphone.
Concerns about the Meeting Room Policy must be presented in writing with specifics to the Library Director. Please provide your name and contact information. The Library District may amend or supplement this policy from time to time and reserves the right to do so.
Approved by the Rampart Library District Board of Trustees on February 12, 2008
Revised and approved by the Rampart Library District Board of Trustees on July 24, 2018